- This event has passed.
Wellbeing for Business
MAINTAINING HEALTH AND WELLBEING IN THE CREATIVE INDUSTRIES
Working in the creative industries is both rewarding and strenuous, physically and mentally. How can practitioners maintain relative balance between flourishing and falling, particularly when artistic output is built with emotion? Wellbeing for Business explores ways that creative professionals can purposely bring wellbeing practice into their everyday lives. Led by a creative industries and wellbeing specialist, this interactive workshop is a tonic to help practitioners remain creative for the long term.
This online workshop focuses on the following topics:
– the physical, mental and emotional aspects of Wellbeing;
– the most effective ways to define personal boundaries;
– understanding imposter syndrome, self-critical thoughts and self-sabotage;
– how business tips can (surprisingly) help with wellbeing;
– creative practice processes in the modern world, including managing blocks.
What do I get? All participants of this workshop also receive:
– lifetime access to a dedicated BEING CREATIVELY WELL Dropbox folder full of additional resources and workbooks to help continue the learning after the workshop is over;
– access to additional free webinars to supplement the material covered in the workshop;
– the possibility of further one-to-one business advice, mentoring and support from one of our creative industries business specialist advisors.
All questions are welcome in this relaxed, safe and inclusive workshop. Participants are also encouraged to share their own experiences and network with their fellow practitioners.
Ideal for: Hobbyists, creative freelancers, established practitioners, arts organisations.
Who is presenting?
Business advisor and creative industries expert Monica Davidson from the Creative Plus Business Group. Monica is a writer and filmmaker by trade who learned how to run a successful creative business and now shares that knowledge with others. In her workshops Monica discusses her own experiences, and shares examples from the 900-plus people she has mentored through the process of starting and building their creative businesses.
What’s Creative Plus Business?
We’re a social enterprise dedicated to educating creative people and arts organisations about business skills. We help through sharing practical knowledge in a fun and irreverent way, and everything we do is designed to help creatives to feel more confident and comfortable about the entrepreneurial aspects of their creative practice. We believe that a bit of naughtiness, tempered with a kind heart and a big dose of professionalism, is the key to helping creative people understand the boring basics of business.
Requirements: if you have any access requirements, please email email@example.com