- This event has passed.
Risk management and future scenario planning for NSW exporters
This webinar will focus on how to identify risks in international business expansion plans ahead of time and manage risks during the current global situation. The webinar will cover:
- Welcome and MC – Peter Mackey, Director International Trade, NSW Treasury
- How to manage your risk – Shane Styles – National Skills Development Manage, Export Council of Australia
- Future scenario planning (Case study speaker TBC)
- Moderated online Q&A session
Who should attend?
- Emerging and existing exporters from NSW from all sectors
- Cost: Free (places are limited) and please register HERE.
- Platform: Online (Skype – audio only – Skype details will be sent out prior to the event.
- Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why risk management and future scenario planning now?
Exporting means more opportunities, but also entails greater risks. If you are a business leader, you probably enjoy acting on new ideas and charging into the future fuelled by optimism. But it is also your responsibility to plan for the broad range of potential risks. Knowing what to do when things don’t go to plan is vital, and up-front awareness will also better enable you to manage the process so that the likelihood of problems is reduced. From coordinated cyberattacks on national critical infrastructure to a supply chain disruption of telecommunications components to a pandemic, the number of potential disaster scenarios continues to grow in number and complexity. There will always be risks when entering a new market but identifying those risks ahead of time and putting measures in place to manage those risks can help to minimise their impact on the success of your business overseas. (Source: Austrade, ECA)