HR Essentials – Employment
Human Resources is critical to your business! Often it is difficult to find the right information and it can take years to fully understand how the laws apply and what you need to do. In this session we will work through a checklist of key steps all employers need to take to ensure the essentials are covered.
The session will include:
• Checks employers must complete on the employee
• What documents employers must give to a new employee
• What documents and records employers need to keep
• How to access the information you need about pay rates
• Other obligations employers have to employees – super, tax and workers compensation
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• You must be registered with the Business Connect program.
• You should be logged in and registered for the Webinar MS Teams meeting at least 5 minutes prior (and check your spam folder for the link!).
• Have a pen & paper ready to write down your questions, as well as a bottle of water.
• Online video recordings and resources will be available for those who attend and who are Business Connect customers.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
This webinar is aimed at small businesses throughout NSW who have just started or have an established business and we have the capacity to host up to 500 people.
The webinar will take place on MS Teams, click below to book. You will receive the MS Teams link in an email prior to the workshop (check your spam folder as they often go there). This will be a live online event which will be recorded. The recording and resources will be sent to attendee’s in due course.
Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start, run, adapt or grow your small business.
ABOUT YOUR HOST
Derek Tink- Business Connect Advisor
Servicing: New England including Tenterfield, Glen Innes, Guyra, Inverell, Gwydir, Tamworth, Armidale & Narrabri
Derek Tink is a Business Advisor with a focus on regional development. He has experience across a range of industries, spanning agribusiness, tourism, retail and health.
Derek has delivered specialist advice within the region including business development, marketing, digital strategy and organisational management. A passionate ‘regional local’ who is committed to supporting regional and rural business opportunities. Derek is involved with community groups and charity activities across the region.
In addition to his small business experience, Derek holds a Bachelor of Business & Master of Commerce.
ABOUT YOUR PRESENTERS
These webinars are provided as a joint venture by Yasmin Lawrence, Y People Consulting and Vicki G Lawrence, HR Consultant.
Independent Human Resources Consultants, each bringing 20 years experience in HR and management roles across a wide range of industries including hospitality, retail, manufacturing, social services, education, arts and entertainment, agriculture, e-commerce and travel. They have worked with small to medium size businesses and large multi-disciplinary organisations across private enterprise, cooperatives, State and Local Government, start-ups and not-for-profit ventures.
Both Yasmin and Vicki have been living and working in the Northern Rivers for over 10 years. Their shared professional passion lies in ensuring healthy employment relationships, where employees feel valued and engaged, and employers feel confident in reaching their organisational goals.