- This event has passed.
How to write a business plan
Planning is essential for any tourism business for their sustainable future, and so creating a business plan that you can actually use is key. Your plan should include certain elements, like mission, values, and vision statements, and avoid common pitfalls, like neglecting the specific needs of your organization, so it becomes your road map for success.
This workshop will provide you with a business planning framework:
– Where are we now as a Business? Review your current strategic position and clarify your mission, vision, and values.
– What is our Point of Difference & Unique Selling Point? Establish your competitive advantage and your vision. Clearly see the direction your organization is headed. What resources are required to attain different revenue streams?
– What does the future hold for our business? Lay out the road map to connect where you are now to where you’re going. This workshop will allow you to set your strategic objectives, goals, and action items and how you’ll execute your plan.
Your Presenter: Keith Whelan
Specialising in Grants, Tenders and Funding consultancy, Keith Whelan provides high level assistance to Local, State and Federal Government, Not for Profit organisations and Private Enterprises, in planning for and accessing extra income streams.
Keith develops Grants Project Management Plans, Grants Calendars and Funding Strategies, enabling organisations to approach grants and tenders in a proactive manner. His Plans and Strategies provide a structured and strategic approach to obtaining extra funding for the progression and completion of projects.
Keith has worked in the Grants & Philanthropy sector in Ireland and Australia, across both the public and private sector. He presently works with a number of companies across Australia in developing their respective Corporate Social Responsibility Strategies, Social Enterprise and Social Procurement strategies.
He has consulted with and taught at a number of Universities in Australia such as ANU Canberra, University of Adelaide, University of Sydney, UTS, University of Newcastle, Macquarie University and Massey University in New Zealand. He presently facilitates courses for Research Staff at these Universities in how to attract funding through Grants, Crowd Funding, PAF’s, Trusts and Bequests.
He has also worked with the likes of NSW Health, Caltex Australia and ADCO advising on their respective Tendering Processes for Commercial Contracts.
Who is this for?
– This webinar is aimed at small businesses throughout NSW, and has a capacity to host up to 500 people.
– This event is for business owners who have just started a business or have an established business.
– This webinar will take place on Zoom, click below to register. You will receive the Zoom link in an email prior to the workshop. This will be a live online event.
– Those who attend will receive a copy of available resources and the recording.
This session is provided through the Business Connect program. Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start, run, adapt or grow your small business.
To attend the workshop we require you to be registered in Business Connect. A team member from Realise Business will be in touch with instructions if you are not registered.
Realise Business provides confidential, independent business advice and skills training for small businesses across Northern, Eastern, Southern and Central Sydney, as part of the NSW Government’s Business Connect program.