How to start a business
We will cover the key six steps to starting a business, with lots of hints and tips to get you on the road to success. You will also receive information on where to find more detailed information, and there’s always the opportunity to follow-up with a free and confidential one on one advisory session to discuss your specific needs.
1. Motivation for going into business
2. Researching your business idea
3. Choosing the type of business
4. Business ownership legal structures
5. Tax, insurance & regulations
6. Business plan & budget
1. Recognising the risks and rewards from running your own business
2. Building confidence in participants ability to develop a strong start-up
3. Why a business plan is important
1. Having the knowledge and skills required for going into business for the first time.
2. An understanding of the regulatory, licencing and risk management environment to starting a new business
3. The tools and steps to building a short business plan.
This is a face to face workshop limited to 20 attendees. Those who attend will receive a copy of available resources.
Attending this event will consolidate your thinking about starting a business in NSW. You’ll then be eligible to book an advisory session to test your business idea.
About the presenter: Kevin Bascomb
Kevin is an experienced business advisor with a demonstrated history of working in the management consulting industry since 1989. His strength is in negotiation, business planning, customer service, sales, and strategic planning.
Kevin has worked across a variety of government agencies and businesses, with broad cross section of skills from which to craft solutions to business challenges, from the strategic to the operational.
Kevin has been an owner of retail businesses and a boutique management and marketing consultancy providing strategic advice on economic and tourism development in regional areas.
In addition to Kevin’s business experience, he holds a Bachelor of Economics and a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration. Kevin is an Accredited Mental Health First Aider.
Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start, run, adapt or grow your small business.