- This event has passed.
How to apply for business grants
This business grants workshop is the ideal, practical guide to grant writing for any business seeking to attain funding by applying for grants. This is a practical step by step workshop where grants from both the public and private sector will assessed and participants will have the opportunity to draft grant applications in class and have them assessed by the facilitator. A discussion will also take place with regard to current developments in the sector.
This workshop will provide valuable knowledge on a range of Grants related topics:
– Public and Private Sector Grants – what is out there?
– Visioning, Strategy, Methodology Project Planning & Project Rationale
– Community Capacity Building & Sustainability
– Practical Grant Writing Tips, Budgets & Grant Jargon
– Acquittal of Funding & Evaluation
Your Presenter: Keith Whelan
Specialising in Grants, Tenders and Funding consultancy, Keith Whelan provides high level assistance to Local, State and Federal Government, Not for Profit organisations and Private Enterprises, in planning for and accessing extra income streams.
Keith develops Grants Project Management Plans, Grants Calendars and Funding Strategies, enabling organisations to approach grants and tenders in a proactive manner. His Plans and Strategies provide a structured and strategic approach to obtaining extra funding for the progression and completion of projects.
Keith has worked in the Grants & Philanthropy sector in Ireland and Australia, across both the public and private sector. He presently works with a number of companies across Australia in developing their respective Corporate Social Responsibility Strategies, Social Enterprise and Social Procurement strategies.
He has consulted with and taught at a number of Universities in Australia such as ANU Canberra, University of Adelaide, University of Sydney, UTS, University of Newcastle, Macquarie University and Massey University in New Zealand. He presently facilitates courses for Research Staff at these Universities in how to attract funding through Grants, Crowd Funding, PAF’s, Trusts and Bequests.
He has also worked with the likes of NSW Health, Caltex Australia and ADCO advising on their respective Tendering Processes for Commercial Contracts.
Who is this for?
– This webinar is aimed at small businesses throughout NSW, and has a capacity to host up to 500 people.
– This event is for business owners who have just started a business or have an established business.
– This webinar will take place on Zoom, click below to register. You will receive the Zoom link in an email prior to the workshop. This will be a live online event.
– Those who attend will receive a copy of available resources and the recording.
This session is provided through the Business Connect program. Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start, run, adapt or grow your small business.
To attend the workshop we require you to be registered in Business Connect. A team member from Realise Business will be in touch with instructions if you are not registered.
Realise Business provides confidential, independent business advice and skills training for small businesses across Northern, Eastern, Southern and Central Sydney, as part of the NSW Government’s Business Connect program.