- This event has passed.
Funding fundamentals in partnership with Regional Arts NSW
THE BASIC BRILLIANCE OF HOW TO WRITE, MANAGE AND MAINTAIN FUNDING
Funding and grants are often held up as the holy grail of a successful arts career, but there is no such thing as ‘free’ money. Accessing government and philanthropic funding requires a great deal of work, from preparation to writing applications to delivery and successful acquittal. Funding also means ongoing research and groundwork to be ready for any applications, as well as maintaining the resolve to keep trying after an unsuccessful attempt.
In this down-to-earth workshop, participants will learn about:
– The different kinds of funding available;
– Creating a Grant Folder (and being ready for opportunities);
– Researching Funding and Considering Applications;
– Writing the Proposal – and avoiding the Common Errors;
– Creating a Grant Calendar;
– The Acquittal Process – and how to Recover from Setbacks;
– Five Ways to FAIL at Grants.
The topics are covered with fun, flair and pictures in a relaxed and informal environment. Participants are encouraged to ask questions, share their stories and get to know each other!
What do I get? All participants of this workshop also receive:
– A PDF Workbook containing additional materials and tools to support their learning;
– Lifetime access to a dedicated Funding Dropbox folder full of additional resources and help;
– Access to additional free resources and suggestions for professional grant assistance.
Who should attend?
Creative people and arts professionals who plan to use funding and grants as a revenue strategy – from recent graduates and start-ups to more experienced professionals. All representatives of creative industry and arts practice are welcome.
Duration: 2 hours with a short break midway.
Who is presenting?
Business advisor and creative industries expert Monica Davidson from the Creative Plus Business Group. Monica is a writer and filmmaker by trade who learned how to run a successful creative business and now shares that knowledge with others. In her workshops Monica discusses her own experiences, and shares examples from the 900-plus people she has mentored through the process of starting and building their creative businesses.
What is Creative Plus Business?
We’re a a social enterprise dedicated to educating creative people and arts organisations about business skills. We help through sharing practical knowledge in a fun and irreverent way, and everything we do is designed to help creatives to feel more confident and comfortable about the entrepreneurial aspects of their creative practice. We believe that a bit of naughtiness, tempered with a kind heart and a big dose of professionalism, is the key to helping creative people understand the boring basics of business.
Accessibility: if you have any access requirements, please email email@example.com
This workshop will take place on Crowdcast/Zoom.