- This event has passed.
FREELANCING IS TRICKY – AND INEVITABLE
Freelancing in the creative industries is a fact of life. Even curious hobbyists and serial employees will need to understand the basics – not to mention those who have chosen to freelance professionally in their craft. Freelance Five is a fast, funny and practical presentation specifically designed for creative practitioners with absolutely no business skills, to help them get the five most important elements of creative freelancing just right.
Participants will learn more about:
– setting goals and planning the self-employment journey;
– understanding and handling money matters;
– the key to managing time better;
– the basic beginnings of marketing, and
– fostering a cheer squad and juggling the realities of combining art and business.
We’ll also share more resources and tax, superannuation and business registration.
What do I get? All participants of this workshop also receive:
– Lifetime access to a dedicated FREELANCE FIVE Dropbox folder full of additional resources and workbooks to help continue the learning after the workshop is over;
– Access to additional free webinars to supplement the material covered in the workshop;
– The possibility of further one-to-one business advice, mentoring and support from one of our creative industries business specialist advisors.
– All questions are welcome in this relaxed, safe and inclusive workshop. Participants are also encouraged to share their own experiences and network with their fellow practitioners.
Ideal For: Creative practitioners at every level, from students to professionals.