- This event has passed.
Data protection and data breach reporting
The requirements to protect and respond to a potential data breach can be daunting, especially for Small Business.
According to the latest Notifiable Data Breaches (NDB) Scheme report from the OAIC,
• Malicious or criminal attacks (including cyber incidents) remain the leading source of data breaches, accounting for 58% of notifications.
• Data breaches resulting from human error accounted for 38% of notifications, up 18% from 173 notifications to 204.
• The health sector remains the highest reporting industry sector, notifying 23% of all breaches, followed by finance, which notified 15% of all breaches.
Participants will learn:
• How does the Australian Notifiable Data Breaches (NDB) Scheme apply to your business?
• The main steps to protect sensitive data from accidental disclosure (human error).
• Which systems and procedures should be in place to protect your business from a malicious cyber-attack, social engineering, or phishing campaigns?
At the completion of the session the participants will leave with:
• A checklist how to prepare a data breach response plan.
• Four key steps to respond to data breaches.
• Five actions you can take right now to improve your cybersecurity posture.
• Resources to conduct a cyber risk health check, free alert services and friendly phishing campaigns.
• A checklist how to report, communicate and mange a cyber risk threat.
Presenter: Babette is the founder and director of DAS Insure., a highly specialised risk and insurance consultancy firm with a focus on Cash flow protection. Babette is passionate about helping companies of all sizes, business owners and individuals to strengthen their Cyber Security.
With a long-standing career in Trade Credit Insurance, in 2014 Babette added Cyber risk protection to her product portfolio due to the impact a cyber incident can have on the cash
This webinar is limited to 50 attendees
This is an online ZOOM event suitable for all NSW. Those who attend will receive a copy of available resources and the recording.
The joining link for this online webinar will be emailed directly to you from the Business Connect confirmation email. Please check your junk folder for this email.
Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start, run, adapt or grow your small business.