- This event has passed.
Basic Bookkeeping for new Business Owners – Part B
Every business owner, should know the basics around general bookkeeping. Even if you have a bookkeeper, you still should understand the basics. In this 2 part series ‘Basic Bookkeeping for the new business owner’ Louise from Sovereign Accounts will help you to understand the bookkeeping requirements to ensure you are compliant for each financial year.
This introduction to bookkeeping will give business owners the skills to understand the importance of how to track your business within a Xero Cloud based environment showing you that accounting and understanding your business isn’t as hard as you think. These skills are transferable across different bookkeeping platforms
Part B – Slightly more advanced
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
– What is a chart of accounts
– The difference between a Cost of Goods Sold and an Expense
– The importance of having a Profit & Loss Report
– What a Balance Sheet is and what to look out for
– Tracking your business cashflow
– Finding suitable professionals for support
– Understanding building industry compliance
This is a live online event and will be recorded. Those who attend will receive a copy of the recording & any available resources.
About Business Connect: Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start, run, adapt or grow your small business.